13 Musts for Breaking Bad News to Employees
Have to tell the troops about layoffs, an upper-level scandal, an imminent hostile takeover or divestment? Follow these essentials.
You know these people. You work with them. And before you break bad news, it’s intimidating to picture the disappointment, grief or anger in their faces.
Whether you’re revealing upcoming layoffs or a reduction in benefits, it’s no fun to be the messenger everyone wants to shoot. Yet every business leader and communicator must face this challenge at some point.
This tip sheet from Kollective and Ragan Communication offers tips on how to be authentic and honest in your messaging.
Read this guide and learn how to:
- Make sure your Execs level with your employees
- Prepare your leaders and the announcement in advance
- Maximize transparency and authenticity with video
- Hold a Q&A around bad news
- Cut to the chase, but be empathetic in the process, and more …
Download your copy today.