Senior Network Administrator
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
The network engineer position is responsible for configuration, monitoring and evaluating performance of Kollective’s networks spanning multiple colocation facilities, and in the cloud. The Kollective production network is comprised of multiple high bandwidth external links and hundreds of nodes on numerous internal networks. The engineer would need to configure Cisco routers, Netscreen firewalls, Juniper routers and Firewalls and F5 Server Load Balancers, perform periodic failover testing and proactive monitoring. Knowledge of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPSec is required. The successful candidate will have experience with Microsoft Azure cloud networking and with IPv6. The candidate will also be required to closely interface with other development teams to leverage their platforms in delivering a complete solution. Experience with TCP/IP networks, intrusion detection systems, stateful packet inspection is a requirement. Experience with Python/PERL/Expect/Ansible/Puppet, apache and web services is a plus. Required to be strong technically and able to perform ‘hands on’ tasks independently. The ideal candidate is familiar with information security policies and best practices. Keeps abreast of current security threats and monitors websites such as http://www.darkreading.com/ and https://www.sans.org/top-cyber-security-risks/
- Design and Administration of high-performance production LAN/WAN computing environments consisting of Cisco, Juniper, Dell, and Brocade network equipment.
- Design and document information security practices that will harden the production environment and ensure security audits and certifications are completed without incident.
- Audit for single points of failures at every level in the service delivery path, and take remediation.
- Create and update network diagrams as needed.
- Ensure redundancy and reliability of Kollective production, corporate, and development networks.
- Occasional night and weekend work will be required.
- Sizing, ordering and installation of network and server hardware.
- Develop automation tools for monitoring and troubleshooting the network environment.
- Education: Typically requires a BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Industry Experience: 4 -7 years in network administration and design.
- Cyber security experience
- Strong knowledge of data networks fundamentals.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring load balancers like F5.
- Strong automation/scripting skills (Python,Ansible,Shell etc).
- Experience with Rancid, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet and routing protocols (BGP).
- Experience with many varieties of network hardware.
- Technical knowledge of Linux and Windows Server.
- Communication Skills: Good oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate with customers on technical and non-technical issues.
- Project Management: Able to manage projects from planning stage to completion. Can handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess a ‘customer support’ attitude containing skills such as being responsive to customer requirements and the ability to work independently.
To apply, please send your resume to Careers@kollective.com