Software Engineering Manager
This position is based in Bend, Oregon or Sunnyvale, California.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Are you passionate about bringing technologies proven in the consumer space into the enterprise? Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a rapidly growing company serving large enterprise customers? Are you excited about full-stack development using state of the art technologies? Kollective is looking for an Engineering Manager to help develop our enterprise video platform. Join a dynamic team at the cutting edge of content delivery technology at large scale, serving over a hundred Global 2000 customers.
In this role, you will:
- Be a hands-on contributor to the software development process.
- Manage a team of engineers.
- Recruit and develop engineering talent in order to build the best team in the industry.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, QA Engineers, Sale Engineers, and others.
- Create a work environment in which engineers are happy and productive.
- Manage projects and be held accountable to delivery deadlines.
- Mentor team members on best practices.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry experience in developing and shipping commercial software.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Above-average proficiency in any or all of C++, Java, systems-level programing, and current webapp technology stacks.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimizing memory and speed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Constant learner, eager to stretch their skills.
- Experience with networking technologies.
- Experience with socket-level network programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded and/or distributed programming.
- Experience with Spring, SQL, ORM’s (myBatis/Hibernate/etc..), and JSP.
- Experience with federated identity managements systems such as SAML or OAuth.
- Experience with mobile development platforms.
- Experience with Memcache, MySQL, MemSQL, LDAP/AD, SAML, video protocols, FFMPEG, Wowza, CDNs, distributed algorithms
Submit resume to email@example.com