Technical Product Manager
This position is located in Bend, Oregon.
The Technical Product Manager elicits, analyzes, specifies, validates, and manages the business needs of product stakeholders, including customers (internal and external) and end users. In addition, the Technical Product Manager will be the conduit between external vendors and integrators and the business, ensuring that Kollective hits key integration milestones and go-to-market goals. Finally, they will lead the agile squad dedicated to their product line and lead the scrum process, and collaborate on product initiatives and processes driving the business forward.
Major Responsibilities & Activities
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Own the requirement process for integrations products, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Understand the problem and business drivers for a project
- Elicit requirements from current clients and internal resources
- Understand other products in the marketplace, understanding strengths and weaknesses
- Define and document requirements (business, user, functional, non functional), prioritization of all requirements
- Create the following to support development activities as necessary: page designs/mock up’s, data mapping and data modeling
- Work with Product Marketing to develop and execute go-to-market strategies and plans
- Continuous prioritization and ability to quickly assess a situation, make timely decisions and drive execution
- Work closely and effectively with engineering to provide guidance on implementation of requirements and to provide additional insights
- Responsible for unit, functional, and integration testing of products before they are handed off to professional services, sales, and support
- Gather user feedback and evaluate product success
- Usability testing of designs and live product
- Ability to demo new products and communicate their value
- Evaluate product success through user feedback
- Create product documentation and training material for hand off to professional services, sales & marketing, and support
- Work with Client Success Managers, Solutions Architects and Sales to lead beta test programs for new products
- Effective Communication Skills to include but not limited to
- Listening Skills: ability to display active listening skills, understanding what people are saying and to detect what they might not be saying
- Presentation Skills: To include writing and making presentations to internal peers and external clients, using visual aids effectively, delivering the material confidently and answering questions competently.
- Writing Skills: Communicate consumable information effectively within the organization and to our customers, understanding the different user roles and what the audience needs from the communication
- Analytical skills: evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding, decipher the presented user request from the true underlying needs, and separate out solution ideas from requirements
- Competency in an Agile environment, writing user stories
- Understanding of web development practices and development life cycles
- Experience developing screen mock up’s
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Hands on experience with SQL and relational databases
- Passion for detail and an eye for aesthetics
- Proven experience working with developers
- Comfort in managing multiple, high-priority projects
- Represents Kollective, internally and externally, in a positive and professional manner
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.