This position is based in our Bend, Oregon headquarters office.
- Build and maintain a scalable, secure, and cost-effective big data pipeline architecture
- Build analytics tools for data mining, machine learning, and BI use cases
- Leverage the Azure cloud for ingesting, storing and processing big data
- Work with software engineers to optimize data ingestion and schema for processing
- Work with cloud engineers to build and automate scalable infrastructure and keep our data secure
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to extract actionable insights from our data
- Actively seek out and implement ways to improve our underlying processes and technologies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related field
- 5+ years of industry experience building and optimizing big data pipelines and datasets
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases including PostgreSQL
- Strong working experience with Python, Java, and Scala
- Experience with a variety of big data tools including Spark and Kafka
- Experience with Azure cloud services; Event Hubs, Data Lake, Databricks, HDInsight, Power BI
- Experience with stream-processing systems including Spark Streaming
- Experience using data lakes and building ETL pipelines to create clean structured data models
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.