Software Engineer (C++)
This position is open in Bend, Oregon and Santa Clara, California.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will help us design and develop the next generation of features for the Kollective ECDN. You will play a critical role in optimizing our platform for modern streaming video protocols, while extending it to seamlessly support new use cases like software delivery. Join an exceptional group of engineers working to solve some of the biggest challenges in enterprise networking, and make a huge impact on the quality of Kollective Technology’s growing products and services.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
– 5+ years of industry experience in software development using C++.
– Excellent object-oriented design, coding, and debugging skills.
– Strong background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
– Experience building or using multithreaded IO systems.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor.
Bonus If you Have
– Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
– Experience building distributed and/or peer-to-peer networked systems.
– Experience interfacing with SQL databases.
– Knowledge of HTTP-basedB video protocols (HLS, MPEG-DASH).
– Experience in Agile/SCRUM software development methodologies.
– Knowledge of global web acceleration and caching best practices.
– Knowledge of SSL/TLS secure communications implementation and design.
– Familiar with advanced network traffic analysis, e.g. Wireshark, NetMon.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.