This position will reside in Bend, Oregon.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.
We’re looking for a Engineer who will work both internally and with external third-parties on our integration framework. You will play a critical role in defining and building tools and frameworks to assist in the integration process. Join us, and have a huge direct impact on the quality of Kollective Technology’s growing products and services.
You Will Almost Certainly Have
- Experience in at least one server side web programming language (PHP/Python/Java)
- Experience with HTTP based H.264 video transport protocols like HLS, DASH, HDS, SmoothStreaming
- Experience with RTMP playback and encoders like Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and Wirecast.
- Cross platform/browser experience. Windows/OSX and IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari
- Demonstrated work experience using JS frameworks such as Angular, Jquery and common CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Pure etc.
- Exceptional skills with cross-browser HTML, CSS and DOM manipulation
- Can identify and address performance bottlenecks in a production environment.
- Develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive web applications
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
- A passion for maintainable systems and software
It Would Be Useful If You Had
- Experience with analytics systems
- Experience with SQL
- Experience benchmarking website performance/latency
- Experience in tracking conversion and usability metrics in web flows
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Mobile experience (IOS/Android/WindowsPhone)