This position will work remotely and is required to reside in the north east region or the north central region of the United States.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.
- Working closely with account executives and providing technical leadership to develop new business for Kollective Technology’s solutions for the Fortune 1000
- Understanding the customer’s business and technology requirements and aligning the appropriate Kollective Technology solution to meet customer needs
- Presenting and demonstrating Kollective Technology’s solutions and assisting customers in technical evaluations
- Creating technical proposals for customers and prospects which present Kollective Technology solutions and benefits
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back into engineering
- 50-60% domestic travel
- Strong focus on generating revenue and high customer satisfaction
- Exceptional time management and organization, and the ability to manage a predefined project or process requiring the participation and assistance of individuals from multiple functional areas
- Confident and energetic; professional and team-oriented sales approach
- Excellent presentation skills, and written and oral communications ability
- Excellent listening skills; the ability to understand the business needs of prospects/customers and to explain how our solution can meet their needs.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of Sales Engineering and/or System Engineering
- Strong background in enterprise networking technologies
- LAN, WAN, UDP/TCP, Firewalls, routing protocols, unicast/multicast, VLANs, VPNs
- Understanding of enterprise, internet and web technologies
- Security and authentication systems, web servers, databases, HTML, script languages, software deployment best practices
- SaaS-based hosted infrastructure background
- Video Technology experience
- Video codecs (h.264, Flash, WMS), video streaming (RTSP, RTMP), P2P protocols, Content Management Systems, streaming protocols
- Understanding of CDN and caching solutions.