Senior Technical Support Engineer
This position will work remotely and is required to reside on the east coast of the United States. Residing in Charlotte, North Carolina is a plus.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for delivering quality 24x7 Technical Support to Kollective’s customers.
- Responding to customer-reported issues on a timely basis (meeting SLA targets)
- Collecting and analyzing customer information to identify root cause of customer problems
- Providing workarounds or solutions to customer problems
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with Kollective products and personnel
- Escalating issues as needed to Support management for assistance from Engineering, Operations, Professional Services, QA, Sales, etc
- Providing regular updates to customers during weekly calls
- Contributing to Kollective’s Support and Operations community
- Becoming familiar with new technologies, including Kollective product offerings as well as other tools needed for outstanding support
- Monitoring scheduled Live events for customers as needed
- Acting as a partner with customers and their vendors to jointly solve complex problems
Qualifications & Technical Skills
The ideal candidate for our Senior Technical Support Engineer possesses:
- 5+ years supporting customers (Tier 2 support)
- Strong inter-personal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with user(s) on technical and non-technical issues
- Recognized for a “customer support” attitude such as being responsive to customer requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize between competing activities
- Experience working with various internal groups such as Operations, Engineering, QA, and Sales to address customer issues
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated success with a range of areas such as:
- Analyzing customer error logs to identify root cause of issues
- Providing Windows 7/8 / MacOS support for installed clients, including software installation and removal, regedit, remote access (WebEx)
- Identifying potential network issues, including firewalls, proxies, constrained WAN bandwidth and latency, LDAP/AD/SAML, etc
- Building and testing custom clients for customers
- Querying mysql databases to analyze, report on historical data
- Transcoding and distributing video content, including understanding of mpg/avi/flv video file formats and encoding
- Using encoders such as Adobe FMLE or Wirecast for Live stream generation
- Knowledge HLS, MPEG-Dash ad other streaming techniques a plus
- Using basic CRM systems to manage cases
- Knowledge of browser development tools used for trouble shooting
- Using knowledgebases to share information about known issues
- Knowledge of basic Linux system administration understanding a plus
- Knowledge of MacOS, iOS, and Android a plus
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.