Kollective Konnector is a few-to-many broadcast solution integrated with the Kollective SD ECDN that lets customers leverage Video Conferencing systems as a stream source. The product …View / Download
Kollective Konnector™ links Unified Communications video conferencing systems with the Kollective SD ECDN™ to broadcast video conferences to thousands of viewers.
Your investment in Enterprise Video Communications
Traditional video conferencing systems are not intended to live broadcast an interactive meeting to thousands of viewers, but there is increasing demand to live broadcast a video conference to user groups that are well beyond the limits of traditional video conferencing solutions.
Fortunately, Enterprise IT now has a solution to meet this demand. Video Delivery Networks like Kollective SD ECDN are designed to deliver video and audio to thousands of viewers. Kollective Konnector extends the reach of your existing video conferencing systems and enables you to live broadcast your video conference through MediaCenter to your entire global organization.
HOW KOLLECTIVE KONNECTOR WORKS
Kollective Konnector is a few-to-many broadcast solution integrated with the Kollective SD ECDN that lets customers leverage Unified Communication systems as a stream source. The product feeds SIP / H.264 content sources into Kollective’s SD ECDN, allowing customers to deliver video and audio to thousands of employees in a highly scalable and cost effective way.
Kollective Konnector is comprised of the following components:
- Live Encoding Servers – Pull video and audio streams from the videoconference server and groom the streams to be fed to the Kollective SD ECDN for distribution.
- Management Portal – Allows users to set up live events and connect video conferencing sources with Kollective.
Kollective Konnector is both easy to setup and simple to manage. Kollective Konnector is optimized for the Enterprise, offering a seamless integration with the following benefits:
- Live Transcoding Servers – Ingest, transcode and repackage the input streams as needed to output a broadcast stream to Kollective.
- Cloud Based – For software based systems, load sharing can be scaled using multiple servers. A load balancer working in a round-robin manner alternates the requests from remote clients to application servers. Multiple instances of the Live Transcoding Servers provide load sharing and redundancy.
- Interoperability Verification – System testing ensures that an existing video conferencing system works with SD ECDN. Current integrations include Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, Zoom.us and BlueJeans video conferencing systems.