Corporate success comes with a stipulation – a bottom line that keeps the board happy only comes when its employees are satisfied as well. Employer branding has moved to the forefront of discussions for job seekers, and it’s beginning to dictate where elite talent goes now more than ever.

Companies that stick with outdated methods and procedures won’t entice candidates. According to a Recruiter Sentiment Study, 90 percent of recruiters feel the market is currently candidate driven. If you’re in the other 10 percent, your reluctance to change with the times will only hurt the business over the next few years.

Create a strong image

Employer branding, when it comes down to it, stems from creating an environment where employees can succeed. Failure to change with industry trends, or the inability to find solutions for lingering problems, will create less appeal. Who wants to work for a business that doesn’t do everything it can to make the employee’s life easier?

“Creating a brand comes from a defining culture, and both are difficult to conceive.”

A strong brand stems from a meticulously cultivated culture. Give workers the tools to succeed and they’ll use them. But C-level executives often have difficulty doing so, as they aren’t always on the ground floor of operations. A Deloitte study found that 87 percent of companies list creating culture and promoting engagement as their top challenges, so it isn’t an easy task to solve.

As companies begin to invest in the power of video and how it can automate certain functions of an office and build revenue in others, they’ll begin to find it propagates engagement as well. Employees are encouraged to create videos to share with one another internally, and it provides an avenue to see coworkers faces in a business model that can be segmented.

With a legacy system though, this becomes a trivial task – especially for larger companies. They want to create platforms for engagement, but their legacy networks simply can’t handle the extra stress caused by increased amounts of bandwidth traveling through the WAN.

This is where a software-defined enterprise content delivery network can help.

How does an SD-ECDN help promote employer branding?

An SD-ECDN takes the stress off of the legacy network when it comes to sharing videos. It reroutes bandwidth around the network and caches larger files that are watched over and over. By doing so, it removes concern the network will falter or crash due to instability, and promotes the spread of video. Hundreds of workers can watch them simultaneously without fear the video will need excess time to buffer.

Businessman with a messy desk going through paperwork

Branding doesn’t come from a form – how your company treats employees defines its brand.

This opens up a new avenue in which employee engagement can be handled. It’s no longer just corporate parties, but a seamless interaction every single day with their coworkers. The videos can also be used as a means for executives to interact with employees by fielding questions and answering them on camera.

Implementing videos on a broad scale has two effects:

  1. It boosts employee engagement by being told news and information in person, rather than through text in an email. This creates a culture of camaraderie.
  2. The result of this culture promotes a happy staff, which then translates to the brand image. Engaged employees, when networking, will talk about their company in a positive light, further spreading the employer brand without HR needing to intervene.

By upgrading internal services to allot for video aimed at improving employee engagement, companies are effectively making a statement on their culture. When trends arrive that make employees’ lives easier and more enjoyable, they buy in. Aim for better internal communications by implementing an SD-ECDN today.